The purpose of this personal data protection policy is to inform data subjects of the way in which their personal data are collected and processed by the Fondation d'Utilisation Publique FONDATION HEARTFULNESS (hereinafter the Foundation).
The Foundation is part of an international organization of general interest whose goal is to make available to all a philosophy and a set of simple and free relaxation and meditation practices of Yoga, centered on the heart, promoting a mode of healthier, calmer and more balanced life. Through a holistic approach, Heartfulness, traditionally known as Sahaj Marg, promotes an art of living respectful of human beings and the environment, promoting the evolution of individual and collective consciousness and thus contributing to the development of a more sustainable, peaceful and resilient society. The aim of the movement is to make the Heartfulness method known and to make it accessible to all without distinction.
The Foundation shares the personal data of its participants with other affiliated entities around the world, for the reasons detailed in this policy.
It undertakes to protect the personal data of its participants in accordance with European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (RGPD) and the law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to data processing. personal data.
The personal data required to be processed come from information that the person himself provides via the link lameditationducoeur.be or http://eepurl.com/hxD8-z to receive the newsletter or by corresponding with the Foundation by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes the data that the person provides by subscribing to the services and products offered, in particular through the website. https://fr.heartfulness.org.
This data may include the surname, first names, email or postal address, telephone number (landline or mobile), date of birth, gender, photograph of the person concerned.
Data received from other sources from:
- The use of services (internet or other) or applications, the search for products, information or participation in seminars or events related to the practice of meditation and yoga, offered by other SRCM affiliated associations, Heartfulness, Sahaj Marg spirituality Foundation and Spiritual Hierarchy Publication Trust worldwide, having their own purpose in accordance with the Data Sharing Agreement between the Foundation;
- Privileged partners of the Foundation. In this case, the data subject will be informed of the receipt of their data and of the purpose of their processing.
Purpose of data processing
The data provided by the data subjects are used for:
- provide access to services, applications and products related to Heartfulness practices, in particular via the media and social networks or any other tool available on the internet;
- manage user accounts;
- manage newsletter subscriptions;
- facilitate contact by volunteer facilitators with people who have requested it, to provide them with information about the activities and events organized by the Foundation or related entities, by the means of communication chosen by these people;
- assist volunteer facilitators, practitioners, trainers and event coordinators in the management and organization of events in which the people concerned wish to participate;
- manage promotional actions;
- manage donations and payments.
Data received from other sources:
This data will be combined with the data provided by the data subjects and those collected in the legitimate interest of the Foundation. These data will be used for the purposes set out above.
Legal basis for storing data
Personal data is collected:
- in order to contract with the person concerned in order to provide him with relaxation, meditation, yoga and guidance sessions on request;
- in the legitimate interest of the Foundation while respecting the interests and rights of the data subject, such as promoting the activities of the Foundation and affiliated entities, fundraising, feedback from participants, volunteers and donors to improve the services and products offered;
- to meet the legal obligations of the Foundation.
The personal data collected is intended for the Foundation's facilitators, volunteers, practitioners, trainers and event coordinators as well as the affiliated associations SRCM, Heartfulness Institute, Sahaj Marg Spirituality Foundation and Spiritual Hierarchy Publication Trust worldwide.
These affiliated entities will use the data in accordance with this data protection policy in the management, management and promotion strategy of Sahaj Marg and Heartfulness activities and events.
The data may be transmitted to privileged partners, such as secure payment processors. These entities will only use the data to the extent necessary for the performance of their support function.
These can only be transferred to third parties with the written consent of the person.
The data may be transferred to another association or foundation pursuing the same goals and objectives in the event of reorganization or dissolution and transfer of all the assets of the Foundation to this new legal entity.
They may also be transmitted to satisfy a legal or judicial obligation or to protect the rights and legitimate interests of the Foundation or an affiliated entity and their practitioners.
Data transfer outside the European Union
The data collected may be transferred to - or stored in - countries outside the European Union which may not be subject to an equivalent data protection law.
In this case, reasonably necessary measures are taken to ensure that they are subject to an adequate level of security, such as a system offering recognized mechanisms and which processes data in a secure manner and in accordance with this policy.
This transfer is made to provide the services and products and meet the demand of people. This includes events, seminars or meditation sessions, the management of payments and the provision of support services. This includes the transfer of data to affiliated organizations around the world as noted above.
This also includes transfers to satisfy a legal or judicial obligation or to protect the legitimate rights and interests of the Foundation or an affiliated entity and their practitioners.
These transfers could be made to India and the United States.
When sharing data with other SRCM or Heartfulness entities, standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union have been signed with each of them to protect the data.
The Foundation and its affiliated entities retain data as long as the data subject is a meditator, donor or registered volunteer.
In general, the data will be kept for a period not exceeding that necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were obtained or for which they are subsequently processed.
They can be processed later for research purposes or to improve the services and products offered.
Everything is implemented with regard to the nature of the data and the risks presented by the processing, to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, or that unauthorized third parties have access to it.
Rights of the person concerned
The person has the right:
- to access the data concerning him;
- to request the rectification or deletion of data concerning him;
- to request the restriction of the processing of data concerning him;
- to oppose the further processing of data concerning him, including opposition to the processing of data for marketing purposes;
- to oppose the transfer of data concerning him to third parties;
- to withdraw their consent when this data is based on their consent.
Responsible for treatment
For any request related to data concerning him / her, the person can contact the Foundation secretary: email@example.com
Heartfulness Foundation FUP
40 Avenue de Broqueville
BE-1200 Brussels, Belgium
Update of the data protection policy
This policy is applicable from February 12, 2021